Sacher torte, my way..

Hey guys.. It's me again showing up after a month. I know you all have a lot of questions why I stopped writing all of a sudden. The reason is simple, I lost my focus. I couldn't find anything to write about or even felt like talking to someone. I was so busy in doing my college work and stressing out about lot of things.

Anyway, I finally got time for myself today. And I utilized that time by making sacher torte.

Sacher torte is an austrain chocolate cake, with apricot jam filling and glazed with dark chocolate ganache.

I started off by making chocolate cake. Now, the recipe of this chocolate cake is different from all the chocolate cakes I've ever made. I made meringue by whisking egg whites with granulated sugar.

Since, I don't have a stand mixer or a hand mixer. I used the strength of my hand and with the help of balloon whisk, I managed to complete the task.  Later, I folded this mixture carefully into my chocolate cake base, feel free to use the box cake mixture. And bake it off for 30 minutes.

The beauty of this cake is that it doesn't have any rising agent. It's fully dependent on the eggs and the air we've incorporated into the cake batter by folding in the meringue which makes the cake fluffy.

After making the cake, I made my chikoo jam. I used the pulp of fresh chikoo and some granulated sugar, simmered it for a while and it's done!

Sacher torte is all about the marriage between apricot jam and chocolate cake. How can I dare to play with the recipe? Well in my defence, I couldn't find apricot jam anywhere. So, I used chikoo.

Well, after everything is done. It's time for assembling the cake. I cut the cake into two equal halves and spread the warm chikoo jam and then I glazed it off by dark chocolate ganache.

I had so much fun making this cake.. this cake came off really dark and moist, not too sweet and not too dark... Just perfect..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new creation..

A big change

A sliver of cake keeps sadness away..!